Rights and Responsibilties
- We will help you stay healthy.
- We will care for you if you become ill.
- You will be treated with dignity and respect, no matter what your race, sex, age, sexual orientation, faith, political beliefs or disability.
- If you need an interpreter or a sign-language interpreter, or have other special communication needs, we will arrange help for you
- That you treat healthcare staff politely and with respect. Violence towards NHS staff or other patients is completely unacceptable. Violence includes verbal abuse and threats as well as physical assaults.
- That you will attend on time for appointments. If you are more than 7 minutes late for your appointment you will not be seen and be asked to make another appointment.
- If you cannot keep your appointment, let us know as soon as possible so that we can offer your appointment to someone else.
- Make sure that we can contact you – if you change your address or phone number please let us know.
- Only use emergency services in a real emergency.