Due to the current situation with COVID 19 we are now offering video consultations for some patients. You must have a telephone consultation with a GP in the first instanceand if a video consultation is offered the link for the virtual waiting room is: https://nhsattend.vc/78024. Please only use this link if you have been asked to by a member of staff.
NHS Lothian are now offering a Minor Injury Assessment (MIA) via video consultation, these are carried out by a specialist Nurse Practioner and use a secure video consulting software. If it is then decided it is best for you to be seen at the Minor Injuries Unit then a speedy appointment will be made for you, these appointments take place at the Western General Hospital in Edinburgh.
Injuries suitable for the service include;
- Strains, sprains and suspected broken bones.
- Wounds and burns.
- Musculoskeletal conditions.
The service is not suitable for injuries over a week old, those seeking a second opion, patients less than 1 year old and those who require emergency care.
Call MIA on 07977 246 848 (11am to 7pm).
For more information click here.
Changes due to COVID-19
- You should only attend the surgery if you have a pre-booked appointment. If you have any queries please contact reception in first instance.
- We have removed the option of ordering prescriptions in the surgery, please order via the pharmacy or on this website, if doing so you must nominate a pharmacy for it to be sent to. No prescriptions can be collected within the surgery.
- All sick lines will be posted out.
- All GP face to face appointments have been suspended, you must book a telephone consult with a GP if you require medical attention.
- Nurses appointments are still being provided if deemed clinically appropriate such as blood tests for pre-chemo treatment, INR monitoring, and immunosuppressed patients.
- Letters from hospitals, registration forms etc. should be posted through the letterbox located to the right hand side of the main entrance. This is being checked regularly by staff.
- Samples can still be taken at reception or posted through the letterbox, please ensure your name/address/DOB are on it.
Minor ailments service via the pharmacy is now available for all, providing free treatment and advice for complaints. Please see the Self Help for Minor Ailments section for more information.
In line with other West Lothian practices, and at the request of the West Lothian Health & Social Care Partnership management team, staff will now ask you for additional information when booking appointments. This is to ensure you are receiving the most appropriate service.